1. We GATHER: 2:30 – 4:00 pm
So….no bouncy houses. But no worries, here’s what we have for us to do together as a community
– Peaceful Heart Yoga will be leading yoga for children and adults. Specifically focusing on how to use our passion, rage and anger for positive and constructive work.
– Community Mural. We want to know what your vision of Missoula Community looks like. Come show us what your heart says about our community. Show us what your dream for a Missoula Community looks like. Show us through art!
– Community Comfort Food Potluck. Yes, we will have food trucks, but we also all bring our comfort food that speaks to our homes and cultures to share with each other.
– Face Painting for adults and kids. Show your love, your pride, your patriotism on your face!
– VOTING!!! We will have escorts to walk people over to the polls to VOTE! And yes….we are working on getting golf carts draped in American flags to shuttle people over there. Wheeee!!!
-Education, education, education. There will be tables with information and people to talk to about the various ballot initiatives. You can also find out there how to canvass, door knock and help register voters.
2. PRESS CONFERENCE 4:00 – 4:30
Press contacts – we have an official press release coming out tonight, but are having a hard time fielding all the questions. There will be a press conference for interested press to cover the event and ask questions.
3. RALLY 4:30 – 5:30
We have songs to sing, chants to chant. Information about ballot initiatives to talk about. Speakers include:
– Missoula City Mayor, John Engen
– Rev. Dr. Jennifer Yocum, Senior Pastor at University Congregational UCC (United Church of Christ)
– U.S. Veteran and Indigenous Leader, Lauren Nicole
4. WE MARCH. 5:30 – 6:00pm
As a group, we march ourselves down Bancroft, turning left onto South Avenue and wrap around Russell Street. We will literally be marching to the polls and surrounding the Fairgrounds. Strength in numbers.
Poster design and artwork by our artistic and inspired ReSister, Staci Lee. Many thanks. *And she did not come up with the slogan – direct any further feedback toward me.